Steps to Get Green Card via EB3

We specialize in helping unskilled workers secure US permanent residency through employment-based visas. Our team matches qualified candidates with employers looking to sponsor their visa application. We also offer support and guidance throughout the entire visa application process.


for EB-3 while you sign up with EB-3 Hire. You can start matching with employers after you sign in.

Receive Matches

with your employer using the criteria you set. Employer will confirm sometimes after contacting you and interviewing you. After the employer is satisfied with your credentials then you are given the opportunity to sign the contract.

Labor Certificate

with Department of Labor (DOL). This process involves showing that the job requirements and working conditions meet certain standards, including paying a prevailing wage for the job. The DOL will also determine whether there are any qualified U.S. workers available for the position.

I-140 Filing

after approval of labor certificate with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Premium processing in this stage is included in our fees so you don’t need to wait long. Immigrant petition for alien worker (commonly known as form I-140) takes 15 calendar days for approval.

Consular Processing

Since F-1 is a dual intent visa you can file for adjustment of status. Visa availability depends on the applicant's priority date, which is the date the labor certification application was filed.

Start Working

for your employer. No more paperwork at this step, you will now receive your green card.


Applying is Easy

Applying for US permanent residency through our EB3 services is made easy with our streamlined process and expert guidance.

Learn More
  • 1

    Our extensive network of reputable employers ensures finding the right job and location for your needs through our client portal.

  • 2

    Our competitive pricing model and flexible installment plan make EB-3 unskilled application processing affordable and accessible for our clients.

  • 3

    From selecting a job and paying fees to obtaining your green card, our administrative staff and team of attorneys are with you every step of the way.

What your Sponsoring Employers Say

Don't just take our word for it. Read what our satisfied sponsoring employers have to say about their experience with us. From job matching to visa application guidance, our personalized approach and expert support have helped many individuals achieve their dream of obtaining US permanent residency.

The Latest News and Insights on US Immigration

Get expert insights and advice on navigating the visa application process with our blog. Stay up to date on the latest developments in US immigration policy and find resources on a wide range of topics.

Navigating the PERM

Tips and Tricks for a Smooth Application Learn about the PERM process and get insider tips on how to maximize your chances of success when applying for an employment-based visa.

Read More

The Importance of Employer Sponsorship in the US Green Card Process

Discover why employer sponsorship is a crucial element in the US green card process and learn about the benefits it can offer to both employers and candidates.

Read More

Exploring the Pros and Cons of Consular Processing for US Green Cards

Learn about the different options for obtaining a US green card and get a comprehensive look at the pros and cons of consular processing.

Read More

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some reasons why you might consider applying for an EB-3 unskilled worker visa even if you're currently in F-1 student status:

  1. Permanent Residency: F-1 is a non-immigrant visa, meaning it's temporary and doesn't lead directly to permanent residency (a Green Card). If you want to live in the U.S. permanently, you'd need to transition to an immigrant visa like the EB-3.
  2. Work Opportunities: Although F-1 students can work under certain conditions, their employment options are typically restricted to campus jobs, Curricular Practical Training (CPT), or Optional Practical Training (OPT). With an EB-3 visa, you'd have more freedom to work in any job that meets the EB-3 "unskilled worker" requirements.
  3. Family Reunification: If your family members are in the U.S. and you want to join them permanently, applying for an EB-3 visa could be a pathway to achieve that.
  4. Status Stability: The F-1 visa is contingent on you maintaining your status as a student, which means you must be enrolled and making progress towards your degree. If for some reason you cannot maintain your student status, you could fall out of status and must leave the U.S. The EB-3 visa, however, is not contingent on student status and provides more stability.

While on an F-1 visa, students typically pursue a course of study, maintain their status, and have certain work authorization options after graduating, such as Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT). OPT allows students to work in their field of study for up to 12 months (or up to 36 months for students in STEM fields) after graduation. The EB-3 visa is an employment-based immigrant visa that can lead to permanent residency (Green Card). Once obtained, EB-3 visa holders have the freedom to work for any employer and can live and work permanently in the United States.

Yes, you can still apply for an EB-3 Unskilled Worker visa even if your program isn't OPT (Optional Practical Training) eligible. The EB-3 visa category does not require that you first complete OPT or have any particular type of educational background. It is a pathway for workers with less than two years of training or work experience and isn't tied to a specific educational program.

Changes in immigration policies and regulations can impact the OPT (Optional Practical Training) and H1B lottery process. The U.S. government has made efforts in recent years to prioritize American workers and protect job opportunities for them. Changes in policies, such as increased scrutiny of applications, additional documentation requirements, or alterations to the lottery selection process, can contribute to the overall difficulty of obtaining an H1B visa. In the H1B lottery for FY 2023 there were 780,884 registrations for a mere 85,000 spots. This essentially means, you had around 10% chance of getting H1B and we wouldn’t recommend you take chances on your career by only applying for H1B. Also head to our blogs to understand more about differences between H1B and EB3 Visa.

We know that you have plethora of options to apply for your immigration journey, but we specialize in F-1 to EB3 Unskilled adjustment of status. We have helped hundreds of F-1 students adjust status in US through EB3 unskilled visa. We provide F-1 students with flexible payment plans so that they only pay for the steps they are in.

Under normal circumstances, the EB3 unskilled visa category is employer-specific, meaning that the green card application is tied to the sponsoring employer. The employer files a petition on your behalf, and the green card application is processed based on that job offer. If you no longer wish to work for the sponsoring employer, it may affect your eligibility for the green card and later to naturalize. Since, you signed a contract with the employer to work with them and got your green card, you need to work for them for the specified period in your contract. No, we can’t help you not work for your employer unless there is a genuine reason that stops you from working.

About EB3 Hire

The company works with US employers (companies) to match them with candidates (future employees) either inside or outside the US. The second step is we will apply for the candidates employment based work visa in the US which will lead to the candidate getting US permanent residency (green card). We primarily deal with Employment based visa third category unskilled workers. To summarize, the most important aspect the company works in is getting the permanent residency for our clients by matching them with employers who are willing to sponsor them.